The funders in Palm Beach County have joined together to establish a coordinated Hurricane Irma Relief & Recovery Funding application process. This funding process will provide assistance to nonprofit organizations in Palm Beach County whose facilities, services and clients have been impacted by Hurricane Irma. The following funders have made a commitment to review applications and coordinate funding for this effort:
• Allegany Franciscan Ministries
• Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County
• Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties
• Celia Lipton Farris & Victor W. Farris Foundation
• JPMorgan Chase
• Lost Tree Village Charitable Foundation
• Quantum Foundation
• United Way of Palm Beach County
Funding priorities for Hurricane Irma Relief and Recovery Funds include:
1. emergency food, shelter and other basic needs;
2. facility costs (repairs and relocation) not covered by FEMA or private insurance;
3. expansion of service capacity related to increased demand for direct services during or immediately following Hurricane Irma;
4. expenses that would allow continuation of services that otherwise would be interrupted.
Because we may receive a high volume of requests for these funds, applicants are advised that we do not expect to be able to cover all funding requests; and we may not be able to fund the full amount of each request. However, we are committed to make the best use of available resources to address the highest priority needs. To address these concerns, we have set the following limitations on applications:
Applications are being received through the Community Foundation’s Gifts Online system at www.yourcommunityfoundation.org/gifts-online-main.
Funding will be made directly from the participating funder to the applicant agency. Final funding decisions and reporting requirements are exclusively the purview of the participating funder.
If you have any questions, please contact one of the following:
Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County
Community Foundation of Palm Beach and Martin Counties
If you do not have access to a computer, you may request a hard copy of the application and fax or deliver it to one of the contacts above.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1. 800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”
United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.